Civilisation has crumbled and the authorities have lost control. Saya predicted that small groups would appear as the best way to survive, but would she have believed it would happen so soon?
Streets of the Dead
Takashi and Rei attempt to get across the river to meet up with the others, but the police and the army are blocking the way, slowing down the movement of people and further endangering them to the approaching zombies. With no way across, they turn back and head for one of the other bridges.
The others have given up on the bus and plan to continue on foot, leaving Shido and his cult followers behind. Shido attempts to keep Shizuku, but Hirano puts a stop to that pretty quickly. Takashi and Rei catch up with the others when they leap onto a bridge and join a fight with the zombies, and not a moment too soon.
One of the things that really appeals to me with zombie stories is how quickly the world collapses. Highschool of the Dead does a great job of showing that with the panicked people trying to cross the bridge. It all gets pretty messed up pretty quickly and the scene with the other high school students just highlighted that.
It was also interesting to see Shido trying to assert himself only to be shot down, literally, by Shizuku and then Hirano! I could absolutely see someone in a position of influence taking the situation and twisting to their own agenda. Shido is a bit of moustache-twirling villain, but he certainly served his purpose.
It was awesome seeing the group get back together and the moment that they did it was fantastic. Completely over the top and ridiculous, but fantastic all the same. Every time I watch this series, I see something new that makes me appreciate it even more.
Back on the Bus!
The Cult of Shido!
A New Plan!
Somewhere to Rest!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – Spring of the Dead
- Episode 2 – Escape from the Dead
- Episode 3 – Democracy Under the Dead
- Episode 4 – Running in the Dead
- Episode 5 – Streets of the Dead
- Episode 6 – In the Dead of the Night
- Episode 7 – Dead Night and the Dead Ruck
- Episode 8 – The Dead Way Home
- Episode 9 – The Sword and the Dead
- Episode 10 – The Dead’s House Rules
- Episode 11 – Dead Storm Rising
- Episode 12 – All Dead’s Attack
- OVA – Drifters of the Dead
- OP – Highschool of the Dead
- Waifu of the Week