Hibiki has noticed that she’s gained a little weight. In an effort to get things under control, she joins a gym only to find that student President Akemi has signed up too!
Why Don’t You Try Strength Training?
Hibiki’s friend notices that Hibiki has gained some weight and suggests that she goes on a diet if she ever wants to get a boyfriend! What a bitch! Poor Hibiki, who looks fine by the way, joins a gym in an attempt to shed a few pounds. When she signs up, she discovers that student President, Akemi has also joined the gym and it looks like they’ll be training together.
More than a little shocked by the gym, Hibiki is thinking of leaving until she sees the trainer, Machio and instantly signs up. Akemi, however, has already signed up due to her clear obsession with muscles. They begin to workout together under the watchful eye of Machio. He is patient, optimistic, and devilishly handsome. Everything Hibiki needs and then he reveals his muscular body much to Akemi’s delight!
I was fully expecting this series to be on the shorter side, so was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that these are full twenty-four-minute episodes. This series is hilarious and falls into a new form of ecchi that I shall be calling Ecchication. Like, Are You Lost? which is teaching us all about survival, How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? is teaching us all about exercise and the muscles. On top of that, they are both funny and have lots of moments that will leave your jaw hitting the floor. I’m excited to see where this goes. Also, Machio is hilarious.
The Harsh Truth!
Joining the Gym!
First Session – Bench Press!
Second Session – Squats!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – Why Don’t You Try Strength Training?
- Episode 2 – Why Don’t You Have Some Protein?
- Episode 3 – Sensei’s on a Diet, Too?
- Episode 4 – Did You Have a Nice Summer?
- Episode 5 – What’s Your Sports Day Event?
- Episode 6 – Want a New Rival?
- Episode 7 – Want to Be an Idol?
- Episode 8 – What If We Get Lost?
- Episode 9 – Have You Seen God Before?
- Episode 10 – Do You Like Christmas?
- Episode 11 – How Are You Spending New Year’s?
- Episode 12 – How Heavy Are the Barbells You Lift?