It’s about time I selected Naru for Waifu of the Week. I could have chosen her much earlier, but I figured I’d wait until we had some more moments with her (and more screencaps!). Now that I’ve been covering Love Hina for around 12 weeks, I figure it’s Naru’s time!
After all, Naru did have a great moment to shine recently when she was an idol. While she does tend to throw punches and kicks without reservation, Naru’s a very cute girl and has a lot of great, warm moments. She’s also come a long way from the first episode – she’ll still punch Keitaro, but now she will also quickly cool down and overlook his “accidental” perverted actions.
Naru is the mainstay of Love Hina, and she is the character that comes to mind whenever I think of the series. The face of Love Hina. While there are many other characters in Love Hina, Naru is for sure the most memorable, even more so than Keitaro I’d say. Yeah, she’s very punchy, but that was also very standard for tsundere characters back in the day, so I don’t have too much issue with it!
Anyways, I don’t have any real analysis or anything to share about her, I just think she’s a cute and great character!
Oh, and seeing these pictures has reminded me of how much I like Naru with her glasses on. Normally glasses on anime girls isn’t something I’m a huge fan of, but I really like the way they look on Naru! A classic addition to the list of Waifus that we’ve been accumulating here!
Also, if you haven’t been following Love Hina, you can check it out here:
- Season One
- Episode 1 – Welcome to the Hina Apartments
- Episode 2 – A New Guest
- Episode 3 – Motoko Returns
- Episode 4 – Keitaro’s Academic Struggle
- Episode 5 – A Trip to Kyoto
- Episode 6 – Lost and Found
- Episode 7 – Introducing… Kentaro
- Episode 8 – Classic Gaming
- Episode 9 – Rent Left Unchecked
- Episode 10 – Su Confusion
- Episode 11 – Starstruck
- Episode 12 – Turtle Mayhem
- Episode 13 – Shinobu’s Curiosity
- Episode 14 – Rat Race
- Episode 15 – Rekindled Love?
- Episode 16 – Teahouse Hinata
- Episode 17 – Ghostly Encounters on Vacation: Haunted Necklace?
- Episode 18 – Jealousy
- Episode 19 – The Crown Prince
- Episode 20 – Doll From A Bygone Era
- Episode 21 – Romantic Rivalry
- Episode 22 – Sisterly Conduct
- Episode 23 – Drama Ensues
- Episode 24 – Resolutions