In order to gain access to the dungeon and complete their quest, the Bikini Warriors need to get a key from a village mayor, but he’s not just going to give it to them for free. First, they will need to show that they are worthy!
A Hero Needs No Reward
However, only Fighter seems to be willing to take on the Mayor’s ridiculous challenges which involve running goods around town, catching a stray dog, testing a potion, and defeating a tentacle monster. For the most part, the others stand around and watch, but then when things are looking dicey for Fighter they step in and help with the final challenge, seemingly inspired by her determination.
Of course, when they go to see the Mayor to retrieve the key to the dungeon they are surprised to learn that they had the key inside them all along, but by completing his challenges they have proven that they will take the needs of others before themselves… Yeah, the mayor isn’t going to get out of this one in one piece!
Basically, this episode was all set up for the one joke. It’s a fairly old joke and one that has appeared in numerous RPGs and fantasy stories. If anything, it’s rude not to make fun of this joke and I think because of the absurdity of the challenges, you almost don’t see it coming. This series is equal parts stupid and funny, and at only four minutes an episode there’s not much to get upset about.
A New Challenge!
Catching a Stray!
Try this Potion!
This Guy’s Toast!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – It’s Not a Bikini If It’s Armor
- Episode 2 – A Quest Needs Money to Rest
- Episode 3 – Even Heroes Have Needs
- Episode 4 – A Hero Needs No Reward
- Episode 5 – Saving Things That Go Unused
- Episode 6 – Heroes Overcome the Impossible
- Episode 7 – Allies From Taverns May Disappoint
- Episode 8 – Every Journey Finds New Friends
- Episode 9 – A Hero Betrayed Has But One Choice
- Episode 10 – You Don’t Always Get What You Want Or Need
- Episode 11 – A Snare To Trap A Pure Maiden
- Episode 12 – No One Knows The End