Masato’s dream is about to come true – transported to a fantasy world where he can go on adventures, meet girls, and gain valuable life experience, oh, and his mom is coming too!
The Boy Thought He Was Embarking on a Great Adventure… But, Uh, What’s Going on Here?
Masato comes home to find a visitor from a government ministry and his Mom waiting for him in his room. She informs him that he has been selected for a new experience thanks to a survey he completed. Before he knows it he’s being sucked into a fantasy world full of dragons, fairies, and adventurers. With the reality of what’s happened to him barely sunk in, his Mom appears. She too has entered the world with him!
They are taken before the King who tells them that it’s actually a beta for a new game, although the full details cannot be revealed just yet. In order to stop Masato from pushing the issue, the King offers him a holy sword. Having made his choice, his Mom, Mamako decides that she’ll take one too, but when she gets there it seems wrong to leave one on its own, so she takes both of them. Now, it’s off for some training and then to the Adventurer’s Guild.
I enjoyed this episode. It was a lot of setup with several funny jokes relating to Mamako being there with him. My favourite was when Masato was complaining and she said that lots of people get transported to a new world with their mom… He was not convinced. He was also incredibly rude to Mamako who has done nothing but support him the whole time.
So, there’s one thing I want to mention. I’ve seen reviews complaining about the fan-service (which so far was pretty minimal) because of family values… Are they saying that Moms can’t be sexy? How dare you! And seriously, what were you expecting with the title? I’m looking forward to the rest of what should be a very entertaining series.
Transported to a New World!
Select a Holy Sword!
The Adventure Begins!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – The Boy Thought He Was Embarking on a Great Adventure… But, Uh, What’s Going on Here?
- Episode 2 – It’s Just a Coincidence They’re All Girls. Got That? Wipe That Smirk Off Your Face
- Episode 3 – Underwear is Armor. Make Sure It’s High in Defense. Otherwise, My Son Might Die!
- Episode 4 – Kids Are Kids and Parents Are Parents (but Also Human Beings), and It Takes All Kinds, but They Get Through It Together, Right?
- Episode 5 – This is a Territory for Children, Filled With Hopes and Dreams. For Children. That’s the Important Part!
- Episode 6 – What a Beautiful Girl… Wait, Not You, Mom. Don’t Get Near Me in That Outfit, Stop!
- Episode 7 – Students are the Protagonists of a School Festival. But People Wearing School Uniforms are Included, Too.
- Episode 8 – If I Say Nothing, It Won’t Be Heard, But If I Say Something, It’ll Be a Critical Hit. It Sucks Being a Family.
- Episode 9 – Whoa, There’s a Pressure Plate in a Place Like This. Well, I’m Not Stepping On It. No, I’m Saying I Won’t!
- Episode 10 – The With Mommy Guild Welcomes All! …Wait, It’s a Bunch of Uninvited Guests!
- Episode 11 – The Courage to Accept Things. A Loving Heart. Also, Full-Body Armor. That’s What a Mother Needs… Wait, Armor?
- Episode 12 – I Hoped Against Hope the Wish Would Not Be Granted. But It Totally Was.