Masato and his party of moms head into the tower dungeon. Their goal is to get to the top and stop Amante from whatever she has planned, although I’m sure she’ll tell them!
The Courage to Accept Things. A Loving Heart. Also, Full-Body Armor. That’s What a Mother Needs… Wait, Armor?
Having climbed up a number of floors the moms are getting tired, so Mamako suggests a little break. Well, the break looks more like a full-on picnic as some of the moms brought leftovers with them. Amante shows up again having set off her own trap… again.. and challenges Mamako to a dishwashing contest. When she is easily defeated, Amante wants a rematch. Mamako suggests they both wash one of Masato’s shirts.
Amante runs off and promises to get her revenge. Masato’s party continues on its way. They come across a magic floor tile that seems to rejuvenate them, making them feel lighter. It’s not until several floors and magic tiles later that Shirase informs them that the tile is removing an item from them each time. Masato turns around, preparing for the worst and finds it. His mother in just her underwear.
On the ninetieth floor, they encounter Amante and a huge horde of monsters, but the monsters turn out to be the other children. Mamako gives an inspirational speech and which equips all of the moms with armor or Mom-or that will protect them from their child’s attacks. The episode ends with the children returned to normal and the revelation that Amante wants to wish for the end of all mothers.
So, I’ve pretty much checked out on this series and this episode was just another example of why. If you’re enjoying it, that’s great, but I am bored. It did make me laugh that Shirase seems to be aware of just how boring the show is so she didn’t tell them about the effects of the magic tile until they were all in their underwear, Shirase included. Other than that, we had a dishwashing contest and shirt cleaning contest… seriously, it’s like they are trying to make this show boring. The worst thing is that I was excited about the premise of this show, but it’s all just fallen a part.
Amante was Ready!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – The Boy Thought He Was Embarking on a Great Adventure… But, Uh, What’s Going on Here?
- Episode 2 – It’s Just a Coincidence They’re All Girls. Got That? Wipe That Smirk Off Your Face
- Episode 3 – Underwear is Armor. Make Sure It’s High in Defense. Otherwise, My Son Might Die!
- Episode 4 – Kids Are Kids and Parents Are Parents (but Also Human Beings), and It Takes All Kinds, but They Get Through It Together, Right?
- Episode 5 – This is a Territory for Children, Filled With Hopes and Dreams. For Children. That’s the Important Part!
- Episode 6 – What a Beautiful Girl… Wait, Not You, Mom. Don’t Get Near Me in That Outfit, Stop!
- Episode 7 – Students are the Protagonists of a School Festival. But People Wearing School Uniforms are Included, Too.
- Episode 8 – If I Say Nothing, It Won’t Be Heard, But If I Say Something, It’ll Be a Critical Hit. It Sucks Being a Family.
- Episode 9 – Whoa, There’s a Pressure Plate in a Place Like This. Well, I’m Not Stepping On It. No, I’m Saying I Won’t!
- Episode 10 – The With Mommy Guild Welcomes All! …Wait, It’s a Bunch of Uninvited Guests!
- Episode 11 – The Courage to Accept Things. A Loving Heart. Also, Full-Body Armor. That’s What a Mother Needs… Wait, Armor?
- Episode 12 – I Hoped Against Hope the Wish Would Not Be Granted. But It Totally Was.