It’s back to school for Masato, Wise and Porta. Medhi is going to be there, too, and of course, Medhimama and Mamako, but they’re just spectating, right?
What a Beautiful Girl… Wait, Not You, Mom. Don’t Get Near Me in That Outfit, Stop!
The first lesson is on Creation Skills. Naturally, Porta being a non-combat player excels in this class, but then Medhi seems to be unbelievably good or is it another trick by Medhimama? Anyhow, Mamako can’t help but get involved and when she blows on the tasting bowl to cool it, she inadvertently gives Masato a skill boost. Wise and Porta want in on it too and Mamako is happy to help.
The second half of the day is a swimming lesson and, of course, Medhimama and Mamako have brought their swimwear even though they’re only spectators. Masato and Medhi are both going after the big fish when each receives varying levels of encouragement from their respective mothers. Then a giant sea anemone appears and eats the giant fish. To make matters worse, its tentacles then close in on Mamako!
I enjoyed this episode much more than last week. It was partly due to Medhimama not being able to interfere quite as much, although she remains a terrible example of over-parenting. So much so, that Medhi is starting to crack. Of course, the fact that half the episode was devoted to a swimming lesson meant that this episode was always going to be good. I am looking forward to the school arc ending so that they can go out and take on some actual quests again.
Going to School!
Creations Skills Lesson!
Sea Anemone Attack!
Masato Tops Class!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – The Boy Thought He Was Embarking on a Great Adventure… But, Uh, What’s Going on Here?
- Episode 2 – It’s Just a Coincidence They’re All Girls. Got That? Wipe That Smirk Off Your Face
- Episode 3 – Underwear is Armor. Make Sure It’s High in Defense. Otherwise, My Son Might Die!
- Episode 4 – Kids Are Kids and Parents Are Parents (but Also Human Beings), and It Takes All Kinds, but They Get Through It Together, Right?
- Episode 5 – This is a Territory for Children, Filled With Hopes and Dreams. For Children. That’s the Important Part!
- Episode 6 – What a Beautiful Girl… Wait, Not You, Mom. Don’t Get Near Me in That Outfit, Stop!
- Episode 7 – Students are the Protagonists of a School Festival. But People Wearing School Uniforms are Included, Too.
- Episode 8 – If I Say Nothing, It Won’t Be Heard, But If I Say Something, It’ll Be a Critical Hit. It Sucks Being a Family.
- Episode 9 – Whoa, There’s a Pressure Plate in a Place Like This. Well, I’m Not Stepping On It. No, I’m Saying I Won’t!
- Episode 10 – The With Mommy Guild Welcomes All! …Wait, It’s a Bunch of Uninvited Guests!
- Episode 11 – The Courage to Accept Things. A Loving Heart. Also, Full-Body Armor. That’s What a Mother Needs… Wait, Armor?
- Episode 12 – I Hoped Against Hope the Wish Would Not Be Granted. But It Totally Was.