Another day at school and they are hit with a pop festival! Masato and his team decide to run a cafe and, of course, Medhimama challenges them to see who can run the best cafe!
Students are the Protagonists of a School Festival. But People Wearing School Uniforms are Included, Too.
The episode begins with Masato’s team having a naked strategy meeting… as you do! Masato mentions that he thinks Medhi is struggling to cope with her mom. Mamako, Wise, and Porta all agree to help. Then Porta passes out from the heat and has to be escorted out by Mamako and Wise!
At school, the teacher surprises them with a festival, ideal for seeing how they deal with events that pop-up out of nowhere. Masato and his team decide to have a cafe, and Mamako is keen to help. Medhimama sees this as a chance to prove that Medhi is number one and challenges them to a competition. Unfortunately for Medhimama, it’s not much of a competition and she takes out her frustration on Medhi.
With the cafe competition a foregone conclusion, Medhimama challenges them to enter the beauty contest. It’s Medhi versus Wise, which isn’t really a fair fight, but then Mamako wanders onto the stage and accidentally wins. Masato, Wise, and Porta run off with Medhi before Medhimama has a chance to lose her temper. They tell her that they will be her friends and that they’ll help with her mom.
Medhimama finds them and is furious, but Mamako intervenes. Then, we discover that the only reason Medhimama has been pushing Medhi is so that she will be the number one mom. This sets Medhi into a rage and she transforms into a dragon!
So, a lot happened in this episode, but there are two things I think I should focus on. Firstly, naked strategy meetings. I’ve never had one of these in real life, but I have been to some pretty odd meetings so I could see it happening. Next, I’m going to make a prediction. The tree behind Medhi when she transformed into the dragon is going to be the glitch tree that killed Shirase that time and will come into play in the next episode. Also, damn, Medhimama, you are crazy!!!
Naked Strategy Meeting!
Medhimama Doesn’t Like to Lose!
The Truth is Out There!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – The Boy Thought He Was Embarking on a Great Adventure… But, Uh, What’s Going on Here?
- Episode 2 – It’s Just a Coincidence They’re All Girls. Got That? Wipe That Smirk Off Your Face
- Episode 3 – Underwear is Armor. Make Sure It’s High in Defense. Otherwise, My Son Might Die!
- Episode 4 – Kids Are Kids and Parents Are Parents (but Also Human Beings), and It Takes All Kinds, but They Get Through It Together, Right?
- Episode 5 – This is a Territory for Children, Filled With Hopes and Dreams. For Children. That’s the Important Part!
- Episode 6 – What a Beautiful Girl… Wait, Not You, Mom. Don’t Get Near Me in That Outfit, Stop!
- Episode 7 – Students are the Protagonists of a School Festival. But People Wearing School Uniforms are Included, Too.
- Episode 8 – If I Say Nothing, It Won’t Be Heard, But If I Say Something, It’ll Be a Critical Hit. It Sucks Being a Family.
- Episode 9 – Whoa, There’s a Pressure Plate in a Place Like This. Well, I’m Not Stepping On It. No, I’m Saying I Won’t!
- Episode 10 – The With Mommy Guild Welcomes All! …Wait, It’s a Bunch of Uninvited Guests!
- Episode 11 – The Courage to Accept Things. A Loving Heart. Also, Full-Body Armor. That’s What a Mother Needs… Wait, Armor?
- Episode 12 – I Hoped Against Hope the Wish Would Not Be Granted. But It Totally Was.