Medhi has just flipped out and turned into a dragon. Medhimama is quick to blame Masato and his party, but Mamako has something to say about that!
If I Say Nothing, It Won’t Be Heard, But If I Say Something, It’ll Be a Critical Hit. It Sucks Being a Family.
It turns out the Medhimama was scared about being a mom and forcing her choices on Medhi, but she felt like it was working so continued. In the game, however, she was given a powerful item that amplified her feelings turning her into a more aggressive and controlling mom. Admittedly, she was that way before, but now it was worse.
Mamako offered her some advice and explained how she struggled with the same thing with Masato. Meanwhile, Masato, Wise, and Porta attempted to stop Medhi’s rampage. Eventually, Mamako got through to Medhimama and she was then able to talk Medhi down. They had a heart to heart and although Medhi couldn’t forgive Medhimama for the way she’d controlled her life until now, she would always be her mom!
I’m not going to lie, I really wish this arc had ended in the last episode. It’s a nice show and there are some funny moments, but it’s not what I was expecting when I started this. Where are the adventures, the quests, the formidable foes? They’re not here, that’s for sure. So far, everyone, with the exception of the giant slime, has been defeated thanks to Mamako’s kind words. It’s kind of getting boring.
Calm Down, Medhi!
Mamako versus Medhimama!
Medhimama Makes Amends!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – The Boy Thought He Was Embarking on a Great Adventure… But, Uh, What’s Going on Here?
- Episode 2 – It’s Just a Coincidence They’re All Girls. Got That? Wipe That Smirk Off Your Face
- Episode 3 – Underwear is Armor. Make Sure It’s High in Defense. Otherwise, My Son Might Die!
- Episode 4 – Kids Are Kids and Parents Are Parents (but Also Human Beings), and It Takes All Kinds, but They Get Through It Together, Right?
- Episode 5 – This is a Territory for Children, Filled With Hopes and Dreams. For Children. That’s the Important Part!
- Episode 6 – What a Beautiful Girl… Wait, Not You, Mom. Don’t Get Near Me in That Outfit, Stop!
- Episode 7 – Students are the Protagonists of a School Festival. But People Wearing School Uniforms are Included, Too.
- Episode 8 – If I Say Nothing, It Won’t Be Heard, But If I Say Something, It’ll Be a Critical Hit. It Sucks Being a Family.
- Episode 9 – Whoa, There’s a Pressure Plate in a Place Like This. Well, I’m Not Stepping On It. No, I’m Saying I Won’t!
- Episode 10 – The With Mommy Guild Welcomes All! …Wait, It’s a Bunch of Uninvited Guests!
- Episode 11 – The Courage to Accept Things. A Loving Heart. Also, Full-Body Armor. That’s What a Mother Needs… Wait, Armor?
- Episode 12 – I Hoped Against Hope the Wish Would Not Be Granted. But It Totally Was.