How will Issei deal with the recent drama from Rias?
And, the big rating game is finally going to begin!
This Post Contains NSFW!
The Deciding Battle of the Strongest Youth, Begins!
The episode begins with Issei having some flashbacks of his time with Rias, and trying to figure out if she loves him or not, because if he’s wrong, it could ruin their current friendship / relationship. As he’s thinking about what he’s done wrong, Akeno, Koneko and Asia come in to console him and “heal” him, mentioning that he must still be hung up on what happened with Raynare. Xenovia and Irina join in shortly after.
After that, we move on to the Rating Game. Issei is shown some video messages from children cheering him on, the rules are explained, and the battle begins with a showdown between Kiba and another knight.
My biggest problem with this season, and this episode really highlighted it, is that all of the girls have become little more than boobs. We’ve had no character development or even spent any time with them individually.
In previous seasons, Issei has gone on dates with them and spent time alone with them giving them a chance to fall for him. Now, they all just walk into a room strip off and jump on him. Sure, it’s great for the ecchi side of things, but it doesn’t have any style or substance – two of the things that the first season had in abundance.
I’m finding that rewatching this season has taken some of the sheen off it. I’m certain now that the first season was the best by a long way.
I’m not going to lie, I was about to sympathize with Issei, because even though it seems super blatant that all of the girls around him are into him, I can sort of understand why he would subconsciously refuse to believe it. I mean, he was considered a hopeless loser not very long ago.
But just as I was getting on board with that line of thinking, they decide to throw something out from left field by bringing Raynare up. The subsequent scene with Issei tearing up just felt so dumb. But, we got some good fan service anyways, so it is what it is.
Once again, looking forward the rating game, and hopefully there will be no interruptions.
Flashbacks of Rias
Time for the Rating Game!
Mid Episode Transitions!
Other Posts in the Series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – I Got a Girlfriend!
- Episode 2 – I’m Done Being Human!
- Episode 3 – I Made A Friend!
- Episode 4 – I’m Saving My Friend!
- Episode 5 – I Will Defeat My Ex-Girlfriend!
- Episode 6 – I Work as a Devil!
- Episode 7 – I Get A Familiar!
- Episode 8 – I Pick a Fight!
- Episode 9 – I’ve Begun My Training
- Episode 10 – The Showdown Begins!
- Episode 11 – The Acclaimed Battle Continues!
- Episode 12 – I’m Here to Keep My Promise!
- Episode 13 – OVA – Oppai, Minorimasu!
- Episode 14 – OVA – Oppai, Motomemasu!
- Season Two (High School DxD New)
- Episode 2 – The Holy Sword Is Here!
- Episode 3 – I’ll Destroy the Holy Sword!
- Episode 4 – A Strong Enemy Appeared!
- Episode 5 – Decisive Battle at Kuoh Academy!
- Episode 6 – Go! Occult Research Club!
- Episode 7 – Summer! Bathing Suits! I’m in Trouble!
- Episode 8 – Open House Begins!
- Episode 9 – I Have a Junior!
- Episode 10 – Various Three-way Deadlocks!
- Episode 11 – The Leaders’ Summit Begins!
- Episode 12 – Clash of the Twin Heavenly Dragons!
- Episode 13 – OVA – Oppai, Tsutsumimasu!
- Season Three (High School DxD BorN)
- Episode 1 – Summer Break! Off to the Underworld!
- Episode 2 – Young Devils Gather
- Episode 3 – Cat and Dragon
- Episode 4 – Interception, Commence!
- Episode 5 – The Last Day of Summer Break!
- Episode 6 – Second Semester has Started!
- Episode 7 – The Night Before Battle!
- Episode 8 – We Will Save Asia!
- Episode 9 – Dragon of Dragon
- Episode 10 – Occult Research Club Vanishes!?
- Episode 11 – I Will Fight!
- Episode 12 – Any Time, For All Time!
- Season Four (High School DxD Hero)
- Episode 0 – Holiness Behind the Gym
- Episode 1 – That’s Right, Let’s Go to Kyoto
- Episode 2 – School Trip, an Abrupt Attack
- Episode 3 – The Party of Heroes
- Episode 4 – Showdown! Gremory Family vs. Hero Faction in Kyoto
- Episode 5 – My Potential Released!
- Episode 6 – The School Trip is in Pandemonium
- Episode 7 – We Are Preparing for the School Festival!
- Episode 8 – A Girl’s Heart is Complicated
- Episode 9 – The Deciding Battle of the Strongest Youth, Begins!
- Episode 10 – As a Family Member of the Rias Gremory
- Episode 11 – Max vs, Max, “Man Versus Man”
- Episode 12 – Lion Heart of the School Festival!
- Season One Specials