Shinobu and Elch arrive at a village in Oslo El Gustav’s territory and our welcomed by the villagers like royalty. The village is clean, the people friendly. Maybe Osle El Gustav isn’t so bad after all!
It Seems Shinobu Has a Shinobi’s Intuition!
Shinobu and Elch enjoy the hospitality, possibly a little too much and head to bed to get some rest. Only, Shinobu wasn’t as drunk as she let on and managed to sober up Elch too. Then, she showed him that her intuition about the village was spot on as they uncover a room in the basement with bodies hanging from the ceiling. Before they can confront the villagers, there’s a commotion outside.
Oslo El Gustav’s soldiers have arrived for an inspection. Everyone is on their best behaviour, but then they spot dirt on a little girl’s clothing and proceed to punish her. Elch wants to stop it, although Shinobu reminds him that the villagers were going to kill and eat them. He stills wants to help, so Shinobu steps in and gets herself captured so that she can get inside the enemies castle and find out more.
It turns out the captain of the guards, Jeanne du Leblanc is also undercover and trying to overthrow Oslo so she asks Shinobu for help. Meanwhile, Oslo who is admiring a large gold statue of the emperor he commissioned shows how little he thinks of anyone else and then loses it when he learns that the rebellion on Dortmundt hasn’t been quelled. He fires a flaming spear at them, but Tsukasa asks Ringo to shot it out of the sky. Their anti-aircraft missiles can only deflect it, but the last one misses!
So, story-wise this series is going a little off the rails. I thought it did a great job with the economics and open-market episodes. Even the public facilities got a massive thumbs up, but then we had the politics and it got a little boring. In order to make up for that, they appear to have forgotten everything they’ve said up to this point and developed missiles with guidance systems. In the last episode, Tsukasa said he wanted the people to make their own guns, but it’s fine to build missiles for them!?!
The part with Shinobu was interesting and deserved a slower reveal… I mean the villagers trying to eat them… and not the undressing part… well, that too! It just felt too rushed and lost a lot of the impact of how serious it was. It was a good episode, but also had some bizarre ideas about pacing.
Be Our Guest!
Keeping the Peace!
Another Nutty Noble!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World!
- Episode 2 – Masato Is Serious About Making Money!
- Episode 3 – It Seems Roo Can Decide Her Own Worth!
- Episode 4 – It Seems Tsukasa has Resolved to Change the World!
- Episode 5 – It Seems Akatsuki’s Becoming God Akatsuki!
- Episode 6 – It Seems Lyrule’s Growing Closer to Him!
- Episode 7 – It Seems Shinobu Has a Shinobi’s Intuition!
- Episode 8 – It Seems Aoi’s Specs Are Greater Than Imagined!
- Episode 9 – It Seems Tsukasa Has Seen Through Everything!
- Episode 10 – It Seems Ringo’s Worked Up the Courage to Become a Hunter!
- Episode 11 – It Seems Keine Can’t Stand Naughty Boys!
- Episode 12 – It Seems High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World!