The battle has ended, but Issei is in critical condition. In addition, we’ve learnt about the Chaos Brigade’s intentions. Let’s see what happens next!
This Post Contains NSFW Images!
Occult Research Club Vanishes!?
Azazel informs Rias and friends that Issei is in rough shape, and that only Asia can heal him. So she does. After healing him, Asia confesses her love for him, causing Rias to feel a little depressed. Things go back to normal, with Issei and Asia practicing for the sports festival, when an impostor who looks like Issei approaches Rias in the clubroom. The real Issei soon arrives and Rias attacks him and the other club members, before destroying the clubroom and disappearing with the fake Issei.
We find out that she’s in the dimensional gap, where the giant red dragon is.
As is too often the case, Azazel spends a lot of time bigging up a situation, such as the danger to Asia if she tries to heal Issei. It’s horrific, she might die, he might die, anyone too close might die. How will they fit this much danger into one episode?
Oh, it’s all right. He’s better now. What an anticlimax? This series has steadily gotten worse since season one. There’s good parts and bad parts, but the way the episodes are structured really don’t do it any favors. In season one, it dark and mysterious. It did a great job of balancing that tone with all the fan service, but that is no more.
I wonder if they are trying to fit too much story in and not given any of it enough weight. Building on Rias’ insecurities should have been much more than a couple of throw-away lines. It really isn’t living up to my memories of the first time I watched it.
Well, the whole “Issei is in danger” thing ended real quick. Asia just holds his arm and sheds a few tears, and he’s good to go. Felt like Issei’s injury wasn’t even necessary. But then, this second half of the season hasn’t felt that great to me, and this whole dimensional gap stuff doesn’t seem that exciting so far.
Also not much in terms of fan service this episode. Maybe I’m just getting tired of DxD lately, but it doesn’t really feel like this season has delivered compared to the previous ones.
Mid Episode Transitions!
Other Posts in the Series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – I Got a Girlfriend!
- Episode 2 – I’m Done Being Human!
- Episode 3 – I Made A Friend!
- Episode 4 – I’m Saving My Friend!
- Episode 5 – I Will Defeat My Ex-Girlfriend!
- Episode 6 – I Work as a Devil!
- Episode 7 – I Get A Familiar!
- Episode 8 – I Pick a Fight!
- Episode 9 – I’ve Begun My Training
- Episode 10 – The Showdown Begins!
- Episode 11 – The Acclaimed Battle Continues!
- Episode 12 – I’m Here to Keep My Promise!
- Episode 13 – OVA – Oppai, Minorimasu!
- Episode 14 – OVA – Oppai, Motomemasu!
- Season Two (High School DxD New)
- Episode 2 – The Holy Sword Is Here!
- Episode 3 – I’ll Destroy the Holy Sword!
- Episode 4 – A Strong Enemy Appeared!
- Episode 5 – Decisive Battle at Kuoh Academy!
- Episode 6 – Go! Occult Research Club!
- Episode 7 – Summer! Bathing Suits! I’m in Trouble!
- Episode 8 – Open House Begins!
- Episode 9 – I Have a Junior!
- Episode 10 – Various Three-way Deadlocks!
- Episode 11 – The Leaders’ Summit Begins!
- Episode 12 – Clash of the Twin Heavenly Dragons!
- Episode 13 – OVA – Oppai, Tsutsumimasu!
- Season Three (High School DxD BorN)
- Episode 1 – Summer Break! Off to the Underworld!
- Episode 2 – Young Devils Gather
- Episode 3 – Cat and Dragon
- Episode 4 – Interception, Commence!
- Episode 5 – The Last Day of Summer Break!
- Episode 6 – Second Semester has Started!
- Episode 7 – The Night Before Battle!
- Episode 8 – We Will Save Asia!
- Episode 9 – Dragon of Dragon
- Episode 10 – Occult Research Club Vanishes!?
- Season One Specials