Saotomi Sensei has noticed that she’s gained a little weight. She decides to try out a gym nearby. They have a free trial and it’s not as if there will be any students there!
Sensei’s on a Diet, Too?
Saotomi arrived at the gym for her free trial to find Hibiki and Akemi in the changing room. It’s a free trial, so she might as well put up with them. It’s not like she has to come back, but then she’s greeted by Machio’s charming smile and instantly signs-up. Machio gives her a quick workout, offering lots of advice and praise. When Akemi and Hibiki notice an odd set of tan-lines, Machio even tells them that whatever hardcore thing Saotomi does in her own time is her business…
Hibiki has lunch with Akemi and Uehara and they can’t help but notice the size of Hibiki’s lunch. Akemi gives Hibiki a quick lesson on dieting and the dangers of skipping meals!
So, it turns out that Saotomi is also a professional cosplayer and thanks to Machio’s help has lost enough weight for her costumes. Then, while at a convention she hears two familiar voices. Hibiki and Akemi are there, but they’re looking for Machio who has been invited to dress up as Muscle King from the popular manga Lifts With The Straight Bar!
This episode was dynamite. The series has been getting better and better each week, but this was hilarious. Even the small details like Machio in his tiny speedos and other gym users training in matching tiny speedos is so funny. I love all the informative stuff too about diet and muscles. Now, let’s talk about Muscle King. That was most definitely Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star. Either way, it was amazing. I am loving this series and once again, I have outdone myself with the screencaps. Enjoy!
Looking to Lose Some Weight!
Welcome to the Gym!
Lifts With The Straight Bar!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – Why Don’t You Try Strength Training?
- Episode 2 – Why Don’t You Have Some Protein?
- Episode 3 – Sensei’s on a Diet, Too?
- Episode 4 – Did You Have a Nice Summer?
- Episode 5 – What’s Your Sports Day Event?
- Episode 6 – Want a New Rival?
- Episode 7 – Want to Be an Idol?
- Episode 8 – What If We Get Lost?
- Episode 9 – Have You Seen God Before?
- Episode 10 – Do You Like Christmas?
- Episode 11 – How Are You Spending New Year’s?
- Episode 12 – How Heavy Are the Barbells You Lift?