With the gym overcrowded thanks to the summer vacations, Akemi and Hibiki are forced to get creative with their exercises. They’ll use workout videos and even go to the beach!
Did You Have a Nice Summer?
The gym is full of people waiting to use the popular workout equipment. Machio recommends that the girls try the chest-press machine, but Akemi is against the idea. Machio then explains that all of the equipment has its uses and it’s good to vary your workout. Reluctantly, Akemi gives it a go and is instantly impressed with the results.
Arriving at the gym together, Akemi, Hibiki, and Uehara discover that the gym is closed and so it the pool. Akemi invites them back to her house where they watch an odd workout video which even had Machio in as an extra.
After working hard for so long, the girls head to the beach to relax. Saotomi Sensei finds herself on the same bus but is sure they’ll separate once they get the beach. However, due to a shark sighting, swimming is not allowed so the four end up working out on the beach. Burpees and sprints are the exercises of choice.
It was another great episode. There’s so much to learn from this series, but one of the main things I think is that doing it with friends is the best way to go and keep an open mind. As always, Machio is full of helpful advice. The workout video was unbelievably funny, especially as I know that videos like that do exist. It wasn’t as funny as the last episode, but it was still a great watch. This is quickly turning into one of my favourite shows of the season!
Chest Press Machine!
Uehara Joins Gym!
Home Video Workout!
Relaxing at the Beach!
What Could Have Been!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – Why Don’t You Try Strength Training?
- Episode 2 – Why Don’t You Have Some Protein?
- Episode 3 – Sensei’s on a Diet, Too?
- Episode 4 – Did You Have a Nice Summer?
- Episode 5 – What’s Your Sports Day Event?
- Episode 6 – Want a New Rival?
- Episode 7 – Want to Be an Idol?
- Episode 8 – What If We Get Lost?
- Episode 9 – Have You Seen God Before?
- Episode 10 – Do You Like Christmas?
- Episode 11 – How Are You Spending New Year’s?
- Episode 12 – How Heavy Are the Barbells You Lift?