Unbreakable Machine-Doll continues in this episode, with things happening.
Facing “Elf Speeder” III
Raishin and Yaya battle the mysterious butler, who manages to beat them back. Loki then arrives to help, but the butler still manages to hold his own. Finally, Frey arrives as well, and the butler retreats.
Once again, we get to see Raishin recovering in bed, which seems to happen at least once per episode. We learn a bit more about the villain’s plans, Shouko sort of “disowns” Raishin, and then Raishin and Charlotte fight, before being interrupted by the butler from before.
Well, I have to say that I’m just ready for Unbreakable Machine-Doll to be over. It’s not even that it’s a bad series per se, but just that I’m a bit tired of trying to make out what is happening when half of the anime has been in the dark. That, and the story feels like it’s totally derailed. What was initially about Raishin getting revenge and working his way up the ranks via the Evening Party has now just become something completely different.
Plus, Raishin getting injured and magically recovering enough to fight again within a day has happened so much this series, it’s feeling a bit ridiculous. Every story arc has basically felt the same since the first, with Raishin poking his head into something, getting injured a lot, and being the hero. And we can see that this is happening once again with this arc.
We’ll see how this one ends out next episode anyways.
Other Posts in the Series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – Facing “Cannibal Candy” I
- Episode 2 – Facing “Cannibal Candy” II
- Episode 3 – Facing “Cannibal Candy” III
- Episode 4 – Facing “Cannibal Candy” IV
- Episode 5 – Facing “Sword Angel” I
- Episode 6 – Facing “Sword Angel” II
- Episode 7 – Facing “Sword Angel” III
- Episode 8 – Facing “Sword Angel” IV
- Episode 9 – Facing “Elf Speeder” I
- Episode 10 – Facing “Elf Speeder” II
- Episode 11 – Facing “Elf Speeder” III