Eriko managed to save Mitsuki from the car crash and has left her in Takuya’s care as she goes to investigate Ryuuzouji, but can she really leave Takuya alone with her?
An Ordained Fate
Mitsuki wakes shortly after Eriko has gone. She’s still groggy and asks Takuya to find her some painkillers, but while his back is turned, she grabs the fire extinguisher and hits him over the head. He has just enough time to activate the reflector device before she hits him again and knocks him out.
When Takuya waits he’s at Ryuuzouji’s mansion, tied up. Eriko’s lifeless body is slumped in the corner as Ryuuzouji and Mitsuki ask Takuya where the device is. Having got enough information from them, he activates it and jumps back to the moment before Mitsuki hit him. This time he dodges and manages to disarm her. She pulls a blade and charges again, but this time Eriko returns and throws her across the room.
Eriko takes Takuya to the barn at Ryuuzouji’s house where they find the skeletal remains of a human. She tells Takuya that it is all that’s left of Abel. It turns out that Eriko is from the distant future where she was working with her partner Abel on the Tree of Vrinda, a map of time and all possible outcomes. In their research, they encounter a transdimensional being that took control of Abel’s body before disappearing into the past.
Hands up if you saw any of this coming! Anyone? No, I didn’t think so. Wow, this series is just twisting and turning all over the place. We’re now starting to see much more of the picture that spans the parallel worlds and how it all links together. I am worried for Takuya as he’s just had his memories of this instance wiped, but it’s certainly keeping things interesting. The one thing that bugged me was that Takuya had the device in his back pocket, but neither Mitsuki nor Ryuuzouji thought to check. Otherwise, I am loving this series.
Eriko Takeda – The Teacher!
Mitsuki Ichijou – The Secretary!
Kanna Hatano – The Transfer Student!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – You Know?
- Episode 2 – Parallel World Constitutive Theorem
- Episode 3 – Tears That Can’t Be Stopped
- Episode 4 – Dirtied White Skin
- Episode 5 – Spiral of Tragedy
- Episode 6 – Beyond a Pale Light
- Episode 7 – The Cause of the Curse
- Episode 8 – The Sparrows and Swallows Know Not
- Episode 9 – The Distance Between Him and Her
- Episode 10 – Feelings Overlapping
- Episode 11 – That Kiss, Once More
- Episode 12 – The Secret Under the White Coat
- Episode 13 – An Ordained Fate
- Episode 14 – The Transfer Student’s Friend
- Episode 15 – A Summer That Won’t Come Back
- Episode 16 – Within Unmoving Time
- Episode 17 – A Pale, Ephemeral Vow
- Discussion – Shall We Talk About the Fanservice?
- Episode 18 – Twilight in Dela Granto
- Episode 19 – The Bond Between Parent And Child
- Episode 20 – Into the Rafaelo Desert
- Episode 21 – The Quarry Where Demons Rule
- Episode 22 – Escape from the Quarry
- Episode 23 – The Imperial City, Where The Wind Blows
- Episode 24 – The Truth of Dela Granto
- Episode 25 – The Promised Ritual
- Episode 26 – A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World
- Discussion – Did They Eat Kunkun?!