Takuya gave the reporter, Kaori the security pass for Geotech, but now he’s curious what she plans on doing with it and how that might involve him!
Beyond a Pale Light
Having skipped out of class yesterday (multiple times in Takuya’s existence), he will now have to make amends with Eriko by completing a massive pile of exams. However, before he can get to work, Takuya is called to the media room, leaving Yuki to pick up his work. When he gets there he finds Kaori with a proposition, and not just of the Basic Instinct persuasion.
In order to make Toyotomi pay for what he did to Ayumi, she will need his help to break into Geotech and find some incriminating evidence. Takuya is reluctant, but he’s also willing to do anything to clear Ayumi. They break in at night and make their way to the security doors. Kaori heads to the control room to deactivate a barrier, while Takuya waits for the green light before swiping the security card.
Inside they find a number of strange glowing rocks. Kaori tells Takuya to find something that they can use to break the glass and remove one of the rocks, but no sooner has he done it that she hits him with something heavy. Next thing he knows, Toyotomi and Kaori are standing over him with the glowing rock, ready to let him take the fall. This sort of information will come in handy for the next time…
While this episode wasn’t as good as the last two it was still thoroughly engaging and well worth watching. It says something that seeing Kaori double-cross Takuya wasn’t the biggest surprise in the episode. No, that was at the end and I’m not going to tell you what it was (although I might in the next review). Needless to say, however, this series has a lot of twists and turns that will keep things interesting, not to mention all the cute girls!
Eriko Takeda – The Teacher!
Ayumi Arima – The Stepmother!
Kaori Asakura – The Reporter!
Other posts in the series
- Season One
- Episode 1 – You Know?
- Episode 2 – Parallel World Constitutive Theorem
- Episode 3 – Tears That Can’t Be Stopped
- Episode 4 – Dirtied White Skin
- Episode 5 – Spiral of Tragedy
- Episode 6 – Beyond a Pale Light
- Episode 7 – The Cause of the Curse
- Episode 8 – The Sparrows and Swallows Know Not
- Episode 9 – The Distance Between Him and Her
- Episode 10 – Feelings Overlapping
- Episode 11 – That Kiss, Once More
- Episode 12 – The Secret Under the White Coat
- Episode 13 – An Ordained Fate
- Episode 14 – The Transfer Student’s Friend
- Episode 15 – A Summer That Won’t Come Back
- Episode 16 – Within Unmoving Time
- Episode 17 – A Pale, Ephemeral Vow
- Episode 18 – Twilight in Dela Granto
- Episode 19 – The Bond Between Parent And Child
- Episode 20 – Into the Rafaelo Desert
- Episode 21 – The Quarry Where Demons Rule
- Episode 22 – Escape from the Quarry
- Episode 23 – The Imperial City, Where The Wind Blows
- Episode 24 – The Truth of Dela Granto
- Episode 25 – The Promised Ritual
- Episode 26 – A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World
- Bonus Posts